NAADAC Approved Provider – Meets the criteria for the NCPRSS Credential.
Florida Certification Board Approved Provider. Maryland Certification Board Approved Provider.
HIV/AIDS for Peer Recovery Coaches Training
THIS TRAINING IS NOW BEING OFFERED VIRTUALLY. March 18, 2021; from 9:00AM to 4:30PM EST. Must attend the full-day training and be on screen.
This presentation will educate nonclinical workers on the risk of HIV/AIDS/HepB & Hep C with substance users. Harm reduction and protective factors will be discussed. Participants will learn about new methods of treatments, area resources, and how to engage in a conversation with clients around knowing their status.
- Learn about HIV/AIDs, Hep C & B
- Risk Factors & Protective Factors
- Understand and articulate the importance of everyone knowing their baseline status
- Increase knowledge of symptoms and treatments for HIV/AIDS, Hep B & Hep C
- Gain and understanding of Harm Reduction and practice engaging in a conversation around it
- Your role as a recovery coach or recovery support specialist
All trainings will be conducted via Zoom. You will receive Zoom login information 1 week prior to the training start date with a PDF File for the training materials.
***Cancellations must be received within two weeks of start date to be rescheduled or refunded. All refunds are subject to a processing fee. No exceptions.