NAADAC Approved Provider – Meets the criteria for the NCPRSS Credential.
HIV/AIDS for Peer Recovery Coaches Training
THIS TRAINING IS NOW BEING OFFERED VIRTUALLY. Feb. 18, 2021; from 9:00AM to 4:30PM EST. Must attend the full-day training and be on screen.
This presentation will educate nonclinical workers on the risk of HIV/AIDS/HepB & Hep C with substance users. Harm reduction and protective factors will be discussed. Participants will learn about new methods of treatments, area resources, and how to engage in a conversation with clients around knowing their status.
- Learn about HIV/AIDs, Hep C & B
- Risk Factors & Protective Factors
- Understand and articulate the importance of everyone knowing their baseline status
- Increase knowledge of symptoms and treatments for HIV/AIDS, Hep B & Hep C
- Gain and understanding of Harm Reduction and practice engaging in a conversation around it
- Your role as a recovery coach or recovery support specialist
NAADAC Approved Provider
Florida Licensing Board Approved Provider